Professionally Manufactured Designer Kitchens Fitted By Master Craftsmen To Exacting Standards.
Kitchens Southwark For The Cheapest And Best.
Contracts Can Be Undertaken On Behalf Of Builders Or Home Improvement Companies Or For Commercial Or Domestic Customers
High Quality Kitchens Installed
We Can Supply To Your Own Specification Or Complete Your Project From Start To Finish
Phone Kitchens Southwark Free On 0800 8818103
We Are Particularly Pleased To Offer
Special Consideration For Listed Buildings
Kitchens Southwark For Any Of The Following
Contract Fitting Designer Kitchens and Specialised Fitting
Specialised Kitchens for Retail Premises Pubs and Clubs
FREE PHONE KITCHENS SOUTHWARK ON
0800 881 8103
KITCHENS SOUTHWARK Acknowledge Wikipedia for the following information
Southwark or The Borough is an area of south-east London in the London Borough of Southwark, situated 1.5 miles (2.4 km) east of Charing Cross. Contents [show] * 1 Naming * 2 Manors and vestries * 3 Civil parishes and District Boards of Works * 4 Today * 5 History o 5.1 Early history o 5.2 Post 1500 o 5.3 Urbanisation * 6 References * 7 External links  Naming Southwark (pronounced /ˈsʌðək/, locally also [ˈsʌvək]) is the area of London immediately south of London Bridge. It has been called The Borough (pronounced [bʌɹə]) since the 1550s, to contrast it with the neighbouring City, in later years to distinguish it from the larger Metropolitan Borough of Southwark and now to distinguish it from the much larger London Borough of Southwark. The core area of the Borough is virtually coterminous with the Guildable Manor. The Cathedral precinct and the Borough Market are often misleadingly described as being in Bankside and the Tooley Street area up to the St Saviour's Dockhead is also mistakenly described as part of Bermondsey, whereas they have always been part of Borough.  Manors and vestries From the Norman period manorial organisation obtained through major lay and ecclesiastic magnates. Southwark still has vestiges of this because of the connection with the City of London. In 1327 the City acquired from Edward III the original ' vill of Southwark' and this was also described as "the borough". However, even at that period the term "Southwark" was used to describe much else on the Surrey bank of the Thames. References are made to both Bermondsey and Lambeth as being "in Southwark". It seems that the informal name for the original settlement arose to avoid confusion, the earliest reference to it as 'Guildable Manor' is in 1377. The neighbours to this were then: (West of High Street) Bishop of Winchester's 'Liberty of the Clink' The Hospitaller's 'Wyldes' (later 'Paris(h) Garden') Bermondsey Priory's (later an Abbey) 'west socne' (from taq 1550 'The King's Manor') (East of High Street) Archbishop of Canterbury's (from taq 1550 ' The Great Liberty ') Bermondsey Manor and two sub manors St Thomas (Hospital precinct); Earl de Warenne's (defunct from 1399) In 1536 Henry VIII acquired the Bermondsey Priory properties and in 1538 that of the Archbishop. In 1550 these were sold to the City. From 1550 to 1899 it formed part of the City of London as the Ward of Bridge Without but was not included in the representative system at Guildhall. However, Elizabethan Poor Laws placed statutory burdens onto Parishes and this created a civic authority which at first ran alongside and eventually displaced manorial authority which was essentially tenurial. In Southwark these parishes did not exactly coincide with the Manors: